Thursday, August 22, 2013

Abandoned


I remember working on this drawing, adding some additional touches to the garrison cap, leaving for a steakhouse with family, and never finding it in me to fit this one back into the schedule.  That was a few months ago, and Abandoned seems like a fitting title - at least for now.

Things like this happen to me a lot.  I'll work on something for awhile, get pulled away, and when I have the opportunity to pick it up again, I have an idea for something else I like better.  I may forget about it entirely.  Not much unlike my teenage self (there were triple the number of unfinished paintings to finished).

Anyway, I'm putting in a little more time to complete a few project before going away for a week.  I hope all goes well.  It's been too long!

4 comments:

Faith E. Hough said...

I hope you can finish it--I like it a lot!

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Thanks, Faith! It's supposed to be a slightly satirical take on post apocalyptic life. Pretty deep, huh?

I've got about three different portfolio illustrations that have been shelved so far. I'll get to them sometime soon I hope!

Katrina Crouch said...

I am so glad that you put the early stages of your work up for us to see—it's encouraging to me to see a more sketchy style as you map out the illustration! My co-workers and classmates in college always had very tidy sketchbooks and I always had to experiment with postures a bit before I could really get into it.

Hope you can finish it!

KatrinaCrouch.blogspot.com

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Thanks Katrina! I'll need to post more preliminary sketches in the future. My sketches are VERY sketchy most of the time. I think when I started roughing in my paintings in oil, it affected my drawing style a bit.