Friday, October 7, 2011

All You Need…

Sometimes all you need is a Great Helm and a two handed Iron Mace!

This one is acrylic on illustration board.  It's been some time since I got my hands in the stuff, and even longer since I've done a senseless bit of something for myself.  Brought back a few childhood memories!


A few months ago I finished this piece.  It's not one of my favorites or my best I think, but it looks much better than it did when I painted it in 2008.  And no, I do not have the courage to show that one to you.  It looked like a face on a shovel (really bad neck anatomy).  I had tried to paint over it and actually posted a close up back in January 2010.  You can click here to see all the posts on this one… sketches and stuff.


As I've said before, there are a few other paintings in the works, but the year seems to be picking up pace, not slowing down.  Hope to post them soon.

3 comments:

Fr Matthew Green said...

These are both fantastic!

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Thanks, Father!

Ben Hatke said...

Hey the guy in the great helm reminds me of my days in the SCA.