Friday, July 29, 2011

Climbing the Family Tree


The Cianachta or Clan Cian! ("Race of Cian") At least that is what has been found in recent family history digging.  This genealogical research started back in January after my grandmothers 80th birthday, which went very well fortunately.  My mother being the prime historical investigator, uncovered a few fun things.  Actually more than any of us thought possible.  Much of it appears to be accurate, but for myself I like to just imagine a bunch of blue faced celts living and surviving in a time that I'm glad I didn't live in, except in my overly fantasized imagination.

Alright, time to start the weekend!  Oh and the genealogy breakthrough name?  It was Carroll.  Finding the relatives coming to America in the late 1800's was the hard part - another century I'm glad I didn't live through.  Weekend!

2 comments:

bubu said...

Carroll? It looks nice but is it sound like simple Carol? Then is it too simple for me >D
I associate her with Ariel from Disney :D but i don't agree with myself P:
;D

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Thanks bubu. :)