Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nice to see green.

I had the pleasure last night of hearing distant thunder and rain falling on the roof - a frog singing his joyous song under the window, grateful for the wet stuff. Sky water has been terribly scarce here so it was welcomed. Not so to the north I know. Strange how not far way things are being wiped out by storms and floods and here things are being destroyed by the sun.

Here are a few garden photos. I don't think I'll ever grow to dislike tomato sandwiches, but with so many coming in, I'm sure it will be a good test. Yesterday we discovered a Mockingbird nest in the hedgerow by the garden, and after taking this photo, I realized just how mean these baby birds beaks look! Good reminder that momma is probably not far away.

And here's a glimpse at a few designs I've worked on in the last few weeks. More soon, hopefully.


2 comments:

Fr Matthew Green said...

The woodland creatures playing music reminds me of Pogo... Is that a calendar cover, or a poster?

The tiger is fantastic!

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Thanks! Actually the animals were a shirt design made for our local Church. The Lawn Party didn't go so well this year but the shirts sold out. Here's a link to one I did three years ago…

http://anthonyvanarsdale.blogspot.com/2008/04/gumbo-pot.html