Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Oil Portrait

Well I have one painting down, and need a better photo of it before it leaves my hands tomorrow. I don't think I took into consideration while planning my 2010 calendar that I would actually have to work! I found a note on my computer of things to accomplish for the year - it's not much, but it's not done either. By this time I really thought things would be coming along faster, but anyway here's the painting.



Real soon I'm going to talk about a site I found and post some sketches. Lately I've been drooling over old Disney animation cels and animated movie stills. Anyway, until then!

6 comments:

Joe Sutphin said...

2 words...

Holy Crap

Anthony VanArsdale said...

lol!

Kelly Light said...

it's stunning- Anthony. From the expression- to the fabric-to the cross. But the hand with the ring- I could stare at that forever. -I hope you're doing great!

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Kelly - thank you for stopping by, and your kind words really mean a lot to me!

I'm hangin' in there and hope all is well with you!

Don Coker said...

Really nice work, Anthony. I did one last year of Pope Pius for the Catholic high school my son attends. It's a lot of work! Well done.

Aja said...

Outstanding!