Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Well here's a little something...

Hope everyone is ready for the new year, because I know I'm not. January 1st always feels like an approaching Monday to me.





Does anyone remember the Goat comic I talked about some months ago? (I just checked and can't believe that was in May!!!) Well this is page three of a short story. I inked this awhile back as I was listening to a football game (I don't recommend that) and I feel I've learned a bit since. Below that is the old character and color test.



And would you believe me if I said I've had a graphic novel story idea developing since college? Six years of work is finally starting to come together... characters, plots, subplots, action, and most importantly to me, humor. Sketches of the various characters are hidden throughout my latest entries. I've even gone so far as to purchase a website domain name, so am I serious about this? Yessiree Bob!

A new year is coming folks. Let's have a bright outlook and go get 'em!!! (grimace)

3 comments:

Joe Sutphin said...

man thats neat stuff Anthony. I really like the embers in the blast hole in the dresser! very cool and lots of nice color. Your ink work is super nice too. Is it all dip pens?

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Thanks so much, Joe! yeah the goat is using a Faber Castell Brush Pen. I really like the set of several sizes but I'm wanting to try Copic markers... darn it I knew I left something off my Christmas list.

As for the other piece, someone overheard me making blaster sounds as I worked. just too much fun!

Alex VanArsdale said...

I'm glad you finally got the ball rolling on this!

Ooh-rah!