Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm Lucky

That's right! Lucky that I have any visitors to this blog anymore, I post so irregularly! I've been blessed with a lot of work lately and have discovered that I'm a workaholic and a perfectionist... I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I thought I might post some random spare-time drawings from my sketchbook, a few old and new. The odd shaped creatures are monsters, and the odd shaped creatures with joints are robots (kinda self explanatory isn't it)

Isn't this guy cool? This little monster uses his bottom to fasten himself to cave walls and absorb nutrients from the rock. Which leads to the question - Why?







I found the above sketch in a drawer the other day. You know, one of those times when you're looking for something and find something else that makes you forget what you were looking for. I drew this several years ago after watching a documentary on Africa. These hippos would chase away crocs from their sunny spot by merely touching their noses to the crocodiles tails. To be honest I don't think I'd let the hippo get that close in the first place, but that's just me.

7 comments:

Joe Sutphin said...

I still check in on ya all the time Andy!
glad to see some art man!
but i understand being busy.

Kelly Light said...

Luv the Hippo ;)

Anthony VanArsdale said...

hey thanks Joe... busy is gooood!

thanks Kelly!

Kristi Valiant said...

Hi Anthony, I feel the same about my own blog - too busy to post! I love seeing your sketches. The study of the girl is fantastic, very comic bookish. Fun monsters too.

Ben Hatke said...

Nice sketches! You have such a good animated style.

I like the header too, though it looks a little bit like the bear is firing a magic missile into the boy. Or perhaps "wizads fire"

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Thanks Kristi!!

Thanks Ben! These wildlife councils can get pretty rough! "Wizads fire".... I might run with that!

Abigail said...

Wonderful monsters!