Thursday, August 28, 2008

Out to Lunch

I finally caught up with one of my friends from school yesterday. She had some photos for a competition that she would enter, and wanted my artistic opinion. With this in mind, I expected the usual quiet lunch at the Chinese restaurant, but Kathy wanted to try the new Hibachi across the street.

She bought the lunch, but I think I paid for it. The chef at the grill singled me out when cracking his jokes. One of his favorite lines was, "You very han'some...Harry Potta!" And then he would demand I say thank you. The man was preparing my food and I was hungry, so I complied.

I quickly learned not to hold my soup bowl at the hibachi as well. The chef enjoyed a frequent yell that was impossible to expect. Needless to say, I was wearing some of my soup when I left... but I had a good time.



Now back to watching hurricane Gustav... I think that one might have our name on it.

5 comments:

Kristi Valiant said...

That's hilarious! When I went to one of the those kind of restaurants, I was made to get up and chop some of the food with a huge cleaver. Since then I've bought a couple those knives - they chop wonderfully!

Anthony VanArsdale said...

I'm glad he didn't make me use those swords... I'd a lost a finger!

AWells said...

hehehehehehehehehehe!!

Kelly Light said...

HA! At least he didn't use the pee pee boy to put out the fire- at hibachi place I always cringe when the guy says,,"Awwww...PEE PEE!"- stay dry!-from the storm not the pee pee boy.

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Yeah, the worst thing he did was bury my fork in rice and offer me the charred food remnants off the grill... the food was great though!