Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Morning Music Lesson


I've been away from the blogs for a bit and I'm afraid I might be away for a little bit more. My to do list grows while I look at it. I'll try and post as often as I can.

This image was an idea I had about a week ago, and I really wanted to get it down on paper. A little pixie giving an unwanted music lesson to some baby birds. There are a few changes I might make to it before it goes into the portfolio, but this is it so far. It's almost completely watercolor with some digital color and blurring adjustments.

11 comments:

Kristi Valiant said...

It's adorable, Anthony! I love the way you render skin. Great expression on the bird in front.

Kelly Light said...

Great! I love her "now" clothes - no gauzy victorian fairy- she's a modern girl!

Eric Orchard said...

This is a fantastic piece! I love the composition and the drawing here. Just great!

rbaird said...

It's really wonderful. I particularly like the bird in front. He has a mind of his own!

Oh... and busy is good thing!

Amy Sullivan said...

I think my favorite part is the subtle color in the nest. I love it all, but some really nice things are happening in that bird nest.I like the fairy in her more up to date clothes.
Amy

Raluca C said...

This is absolutelly fantastic:the colors,the idea,her expresion..everything is so beautiful made!!

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Thank you everyone so much for the comments! :)

Ambera said...

This is adorable, and the expression on the bird in the centre made me crack up!

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Thank you so much Ambera! Your paintings are Beautiful!!!

-J.Meyer said...

This is so cute!
I love the expression on the little pixie's face.
Some interesting texture going on in the nest.

Jennifer

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Hey Jennifer! thanks... that texture in the nest interests me too. It sort of happened by accident... watercolor on top of the original drawing

I think I'm going to try and play that into my paintings a bit more :)