Monday, April 14, 2008

"The Six Sillies"


Here are some sketches I recently made for the old fairy tale "The Six Sillies." The story is about a young man who asks for a lady's hand in marriage only to find that she, her mother, and her father are the three silliest people he has ever seen. He then leaves, saying he will return to marry the girl once he finds three people sillier than they.

I liked the story myself. It's short and unlike many fairy tales, no one gets mauled and eat'n. It's just about a young man and woman and enough silliness for everyone.

3 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

I love these. Wish someone was eatin' tho... Just kidding. Really beautiful. I'll link you up to my blog too.

Amy said...

Your work is wonderful! The Pride And Playground , the expressions on the children's faces are perfect.I am looking forward to visiting your blog . :), amy

Anthony VanArsdale said...

(Chuckle) Thanks Eric!

And thank you Amy! I'm glad you liked the "Pride and Playground." I went to your site and your art is Wonderful!!!