Friday, April 4, 2008

"Pride and Playground"



This image is the only thing on my web site right now so I wanted to mention something about it. I had the thought to paint the text “Pride and Playground” across the bottom, using the same “ink blotty” edge of the picture and the soft colors of the background but I don’t want to take away from the image or necessarily be too cutesy.

The image was inspired by the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice. The acting is superb as well as the music and sets. The movie was an older production so I guess I was late in seeing it. (Which sounds about right for me)

It definitely has become one of my new favorites.

3 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

Both of these are wonderful, Anthony! I love the pallette and expressions in this one and the line work below is great. I can't wait to see more.

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Thanks Eric!!!

Kristi Valiant said...

Wow, Anthony, your style is wonderful! I love the adorable faces of your children, the perfect rendering, and the nicely textured edgework. Can't wait to see more of your work.
-Kristi Valiant